Towards the end of our kickstarter I was up late one night and said on twitter that I would do sketches of whatever right then for people that helped spread the word. I had pretty much one taker. In hindsight, I think I’m relieved about that. The request was Popeye on meth, if I remember correctly. I’m all for funny stuff so I did a pretty bad sketch right then. It was late and I was a bit on the tipsy side.
Anyway, I got to thinking about how Popeye kinda fell off in popularity for a while, granted he never went away, you just saw less of him. Then I started thinking about how IDW just launched a new Popeye comic.
So before his hard struggle to clean up and become the lovable, pugilist by the power of the green and leafy we all remember, I figure, he must have been hooked on meth. I hope soon to see an account of his downfall,struggles and triumphant return in the future. People eat that stuff up! Think about it, look at how popular Breaking Bad is, and it’s about what… Meth! Those are Oscar winning ideas when put together. I could also be completely off the mark on all of this too. Oh well.
- 3D art
- comics by kelly williams
- digital art
- harry potter
- heavy metal
- iron maiden
- kickstarter campaign
- manga studio
- star wars
- the cabinet
- video games
- world of warcraft
- I like to think that Jaws 4 is Spielberg's favorite of the sequels. Mostly because the shark explodes when a boat stabs it. After roaring. 8 hours ago
- "Then, young Skywalker, you will die." http://t.co/vi1gUUtrN2 9 hours ago
- More Leatherface... http://t.co/zp4hiDsN8i 10 hours ago
- Leatherface sketch that has ended up more like his high school yearbook pic than anything. http://t.co/GvOjHT3sgd 12 hours ago
- RT @MattMinerXVX: Follow @FabianRangelJr right the fuck now. 13 hours ago